Saturday, February 28, 2009

Car Conversations I

Addie:  Hey, Mom, what's the baddest bad word?
Me:  I'm not going to tell you.
Addie:  Why?
Me:  Because I don't want you to know it and I don't want you to say it.
Addie:  Well, just tell me what letter it starts with. 
Me:  No way!
Addie:  Why not?
Me:  Because I don't want you to know it and I don't want you to say it.
Addie:  Why?  
Me:  Well, first of all, Dad would be really mad.
Addie:  Well, we just won't tell him.
Me:  Very funny.
Addie:  OK, is it 'stupid'?
Me: No.
Addie:  Is it 'butt'?
Me: No.
Addie: Is it 'jackass'?
Me:  (Hiding a smile -- she's heard that one before!) No.
Addie: Is it 'damn'?
Me: (Well, OK, not so bad...) No.
Addie: Is it 'Christ'?
Me:  (Thinking, "At least she didn't say, 'Is it Jesus H. Christ on a Cracker'.")  No.
Addie: Well, what is it?
Me:  I'm not going to tell you.

Phew!  If she's heard me drop the f-bomb, she wasn't paying attention...DON'T tell Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment